Tillman Inspections, LLC
Now you can put our outstanding reputation for service and reliability to work for you. By using Tillman Inspections, you benefit from experienced inspectors that deliver reports that meet or exceed the state standards. We also encourage your presence during the inspection. By being present at the inspection our professional inspector can familiarize you with the home and explain things to you as they move through the house.
Our inspectors are bound to a strict code of ethics, this ensures quality service while providing important protections. For example, our inspectors must:
- Work Exclusively for the Customer
- Follow Nationally Accepted Standards of Practice
- Not Perform Repairs on Any Home Inspected
I am trained to be familiar with a wide variety of situations. I believe that consumers have the right to expect the highest standards of thoroughness, fairness and effectiveness from their home inspector.
All of our inspection reports must be authentic and stand up to critical examination. We continue to build our reputation one inspection at a time to ensure you get the quality service you expect from us.
Besides having been raised in the construction industry, and having been an active contractor for most of my life, I continue to invest myself in advanced training in the Building Sciences through courses given not only by ASHI, but by numerous advanced organizations, such as the Building Science Institute, The Roof Consultant’s Institute, The Building Envelope Science Institute, AAMA (window certification organization), and so forth.
During my time as a contractor, I mostly concentrated on restoration work, with a concentration on historic restoration. During this time, I was involved in the following Historic projects:
- 4 homes on Elfreth’s Alley, Phila.
- The restoration of the Harriton Mansion in 1975.
- The Lexton Mansion in LA. The Dauphin Deposit Bank in Harrisburg.
- I helped research and write the specifications for the scagalli style restoration (faux plaster marbleizing) of the columns at the Willard Hotel and I consulted on paint finishes for the restoration of the Blair House, both in Washington DC.
- I did one- on- one courses with Hyman Myers, PHD, on Frank Furness architecture.
- I consulted in the repair and restoration of the Frank L. Wright cluster homes in Armore, Pa.
- I owned and restored the factory buildings of the Schoenhutt Toy Company in Port Richmond, Philadelphia., and two old mill buildings in Manayunk, Philadelphia, Pa.
- I was also involved in numerous restorations of many lesser known Historic properties. This background awarded me membership in the Historic Building Inspector’s Association. (One of only 75 certified.)
Professional Organizations and Affiliations
- American Society of Home Inspectors
- Certified Master Inspectors Association
- Certified ASHI Inspector 20 years
- Exterior Design Institute
- Roof Consultants Institute ( and contributing member of the Technical Advisory Board)
- Institute of Roofing, Building Envelope and Water Proofing Professionals
- Building Science Corporation Institute-Experts Sessions (by invitation)
- United Infra-Red Association
- Historic Building Inspector’s Association
- Moisture Free Warrantee Certified Inspector
- National Association of Commercial Building Inspectors
- Regional Consultant for The Roberts Consulting Group (aka windowleaks.com)
- Sealant, Waterproofing, and Restoration Institute
- Eifs Industry Members Association
- Building Envelope Institute
- Building Envelope Science Institute (charter member and BEC #2 Certification)
- Building Science Labs of Canada